Howdy all,
I don't seem to have any spare cycles for HttpClient anymore (and it does
everything we need, 100% perfectly and has done for at least 6 months) so
feel free to ignore me.

Personally, I think HttpClient needs two things in order of priority:

1. Release 2.0.  It was way overdue when the current crop of committers took
over and it's still not out.  Personally I'd say it's ready to go now.

2. Move out of commons to a jakarta level project.

I don't see HttpClient as a top level project and I don't think we need the
extra overhead that requires.  Jakarta is an ideal place for java projects
anyway.  I don't think HttpClient is really a part of commons these days
anyway, so we may as well make that formal and get rid of the drawbacks of
being in commons (mostly become a full blown bugzilla component).

But can we release 2.0 before we take on too much extra work? :)

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.

Intencha "tomorrow's technology today"
Ph: 38478913 0422236329