Actually, trying to beat a bot with any special strategy doesn't make a lot of sense.
Just play your best go and be happy that you have an interesting opponent.
I know that there is a track record of people initially losing against a bot, and beating it afterwards. But that is mainly due to the respect the bot has earned for the things it does well, attacking and moyo building. Pathological weaknesses should be of more interest to the programmers than to anybody else.
The semeai problem is a tough nut for 2 reasons:
1. As David Fotland has stated, if one side has to play in a certain order and the other side can play in any order, playouts are strongly biased towards the side that has many possible moves. 2. Semeais are relatively simple to solve in isolation, but not when irrelevant plays in other parts of the board are intermixed with the analysis. This is very hard to solve, because in most other contexts global search is an important mc strength, not a weakness.

Stefan