>I wasn't only GreenPeace making a stink about Apple's environmental
>negligence.  Other entities had taken note of the fact as well, and I
>even posted that info here a couple of months ago.  I am a long-time
>Mac user, FWIW.

It was widely acknowledged that the GreenPeace attack on Apple was a
cheap shot taken for purposes of garnering publicity. Apple's goal in
building the iPhone was to build the iPhone. Building something
revolutionary is already tough enough without adding the requirement of
making it green. Having met that goal, Apple was already in the process
of reviewing the iPhone from a green perspective and had already
announced changes to be made for green reasons.

Apple is also among the first to switch LCD backlighting to LEDs, which
eliminates a source of mercury pollution.

Cheap shot.