Steffen Barszus wrote:
> On Friday 10 January 2003 18:41, Buchan Milne wrote:
>

>>Please don't make such a trivial mistake which could potentially cause a
>>proportion of users to have extreme frustration. Sure, it may only
>>affect 5% or less of users, but what if some of those 5% would have been
>>club members.
>>

> Or if 5% have thought about become clubmember ;) Yes I see your point. Further
> an old rule for companies:

Actually, according to this poll:
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/pollBooth.php?op=results&pollID=26&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0

it's about 10% who voted that they can't use 700MB ISOs, and another 10%
who said they don't like 700MB ISOs. Probably a lot of the 10% who
didn't like them wanted to use CD-RWs, which aren't always that common
in 650MB.

Note that I think I may have voted *for* 700MB ISOs, until I experienced
the problems myself, so it could be even worse.

> "10 happy costumers may result in 1 additional costumer, but one unhappy can
> let you loose ten." (bad translation from german ;) )

That's kind of what I wanted to say, must find the original quote, and
some stats ... I think it was a bit different, and even more significant.

> BTW: I was mostly angry about the kind of speak from the original mail. Such
> kind of complaining is far from constructive.

The tone wasn't good, but some of the issues are very relevant, and
shouldn't be overlooked.

BTW, I have added a request under the RPM voting for 9.1 for 650MB ISOs:

http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPM&func=info_page&RID=532

Mandrake Club members who think 650MB CD-ROM's on obsolete machines
shuoldn't need to be replaced at half the cost of a MandrakeClub
subscription, please vote for it.

Buchan