On Friday 10 January 2003 18:41, Buchan Milne wrote:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
>
> Please try and trim some of the stuff you reply to ... I had trouble
> finding your comments after I hit reply ..

Sorry for that

> Who cares about the media, it's trivial in cost to the devices required
> to read the media.

Yes I didn't thought about cd-roms, that aren't able to read it.Under that
aspect 650M ISOs should be prefered.

> And no, downloading 4 ISO images at R1.50/MB (approx $0.18 or so) is not
> a feasible answer to people who have bought sets. And also when the rest
> of the ISO are mirrored around (and as such are free to download for
> me). And I wouldn't try and download the 2.6GB over a modem (which is
> cheaper, but slower than the connection here).

Ok as stated above I didn't thought off people who are buying a boxed set of
mandrake aren't able to use it. This is a no go.

> Please don't make such a trivial mistake which could potentially cause a
> proportion of users to have extreme frustration. Sure, it may only
> affect 5% or less of users, but what if some of those 5% would have been
> club members.

Or if 5% have thought about become clubmember ;) Yes I see your point. Further
an old rule for companies:

"10 happy costumers may result in 1 additional costumer, but one unhappy can
let you loose ten." (bad translation from german ;) )

Greets

Steffen

BTW: I was mostly angry about the kind of speak from the original mail. Such
kind of complaining is far from constructive.
--
counter.li.org : #296567.