> #slideShow
> {
> position:absolute;  <--------------- :: delete ::
> }

AHrrGgghhh!!!! I've not seen it. I've never use absolute, arrrghh!
Next time I see a CSS layout that I need to work over, with strange values
like height defined, and fixed elements with no propose to be like that, I
will not look back. I will delete it! And make it from scratch. I'm already
newbie on css, I don't need extra help! Argh!

1)
On my peculiar version of stress testing... when I zoom in - a lot - (text
only) on firefox, the #header or the #mainMenu and the #socialBookmarks
don't seem to follow the flow. Is this an issue, or just a consequence of
the fixed layout width?

2)
Any clue to the fact that the background image isn't displaying on the menu
on ie6 and ie7 ?

Btw,
@Tim:
I will change the background color and image on one line. (both are
required).
I'm not seen any need for zoom right now, however, I have tried to applied
that on my ie_6 only css, however, I get a validation error about zoom
property.
But the point is to give layout to navigation right? Maybe I could just
apply a clear fix on the parent no?

@David:
I will revise your e-mails and apply the changes on this remake.
I already have talked about the contrast issue.

Thanks a lot, and I'm really sorry for this one, I was not paying attention
and haven't seen the position:absolute; :s

Márcio
1 white hair more. 1 hair less.