gene heskett composed on 2024-01-14 17:11 (UTC-0500):

> David Wright wrote:

>>    Let’s go over the steps you need to follow to create Thunderbird rules
>> that move messages from a specific sender to a folder:

> Most of the "filters" I use (and there are well over a 100 of them) are
> based on the src of the mailing list they go into, and were first made
> by using a list mail as the filter key, move to such and such local
> directory.  as to where those filters are stored, I have not found them.

Most likely the location is the same as in SeaMonkey, where there is one filter
file per account, which is by default, thus:

/home/username/.mozilla/profilename<salt>/Mail/smtp-name/msgFilterRules.dat

I believe in TB the default may be:

/home/username/.thunderbird/profilename<salt>/Mail/smtp-name/msgFilterRules.dat

Mozilla profiles located in other locations are supported. They need not be
anywhere in /home/ if properly configured and permissioned.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata