On Sun 14 Jan 2024 at 17:11:01 (-0500), gene heskett wrote:
> On 1/14/24 11:13, David Wright wrote:

> > Did you choose those (appropriate-looking) names?
> >
> that was the other David example, not mine.

Precisely. And that's why I asked the question. If David chose them
(wisely), then the obviousness of their names may be of no consequence.

OTOH if their names (ignoring the directory part) are "standard"
ones, chosen by TB, there's a glimmer of a hope that your filters
may have similar names, which you can search for.

> > > Use find(1) instead of ls(1):
> > >
> > > $ find . -xdev -iname '*filter*'
> >
> > Random website:
> >
> >    Create Filter Rules in Mozilla Thunderbird
> >
> >    Let’s go over the steps you need to follow to create Thunderbird rules
> > that move messages from a specific sender to a folder:
> Most of the "filters" I use (and there are well over a 100 of them)
> are based on the src of the mailing list they go into, and were first
> made by using a list mail as the filter key, move to such and such
> local directory.  As to where those filters are stored, I have not
> found them.

Well, you now know to carry on searching, because you only looked
in /etc before.

> >      Launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
> >      Open the Tools menu and choose Message Filters.
> >      Click New to create a new filter.
> >      Give the filter a suitable name.
> >
> > … or an unsuitable one?

Cheers,