On 19 janv. 07, at 17:25, Clytie Siddall wrote:
I was on the IRC last night (brandelune)

I wish there were tooltips or something so you could tell who people are.

Well, on mine (xchat/osx) you just click on the person and the registered name appears.

ps: OmegaT has a PO filter given to us last year by a Debian-fr activist... :)

was wondering about using it with those dratted Help files. Have you seen them? XML and lots of repetition.

I actually did the translation of a part of the recent package with OmegaT from the abck-converted po files. I set 2 rules to isolate the \\< or whatever was encumbering the segments and I was done.

I see that the original files here are sdf which looks like very easy to handle directly in OmegaT. The already translated parts could easily be converted to TMX and the not translated parts could be parsed either with a dedicated filter (any Java geek here ?) or with regex based segmenting rules.

I saw that most of the discussion yesterday revolved around what kind of CV system to use, I have never used Pootle so I guess I'll have to check how it works to be able to participate more here.

It is interesting to see how a lot of FOSS project have converging ideas. But it seems to me all this is still a little to geeky for the common translator to be able to join. Even OLT's learning curve is quite steep (plus .xlz is not a standard format...)

Anyway, I have to get back to my "feed the kids" deadlines ! I'll be back ! :)

JC