Hi Friedel and All,

F Wolff wrote:

On Ma, 2007-06-11 at 13:32 +0400, Aiet Kolkhi wrote:
Allesandro,

Pootle does not yet support TM, but I know some people have used its
terminology feature to include longer phrases.

If you are interested in TM and automated translation, I would run this from
the offline tool like KBabel or PoEdit and import the PO files to Pootle
later.

Friedel, do you think TM functionality will be added to Pootle anytime soon?

Regards,
Aiet

There is TM functionality, it just doesn't work the same way as that of
KBabel so it might be considered not all that user friendly.  See
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/updatetm  for some notes.
Once again, this is something where we need a sever administrator for.
By the way, we also have a tool to generate a glossary from existing
translations to give you a start in defining your own glossary. It is
packaged with translate toolkit 1.0, but I see there is no documentation
for it yet. You can run it with --help to see some of the possibilities.
We just have to watch the performance of the terminology matching - I
have a suspicion that a very large glossary might impact performance,
and on a shared system, this is something to consider.
And what about importing SunGloss terminology into Pootle as a start?

Rafaella

Remember that you can still translate all the PO files offline even if
they are hosted on Pootle. Click on "View editing functions" and click
on "PO file" for the file you want to translate offline. You can also
download a ZIP of a project or a ZIP of a goal and upload the ZIP file
with translations again later.