Hi!
> my position on this is we could make sev-en part of orchestra, if the
> orchestra crew really, really wants it. If not, this should just be a
> separate sub-module in MyFaces. It is interesting enough to stand on
> its own.

First, Orchestra is part of the MyFaces community, so it really, really
should be a decision the MyFaces community felt, and not a "Orchestra
Team" only one.

Anyway, I think this is a question on how we position Orchestra.
If it is a strong position against JBoss Seam, then it probably might
make sense to include everything which makes life easier for the
developer into Orchestra - just as Seam tries to do.
However, then we loose one of the strongest arguments pro Orchestra:
Being a lightweight Conversation-Centric Library.

If, we could add it as sub-module to Orchestra, but I think the best
place for sev-en (would like to see a new name anyway) is to be a
submodule of MyFaces. But first I'd like to see the technical details of
how the sev-en core works. e.g. in the examples I've seen a lot of
converter wrapper stuff ...

Building an official MyFaces Maven Artifact which bootup a development
environment (MyFaces Fullstack) with what we think on need for
development of any-range-sized applications would be more approriate
then. Such a project could include sev-en too.

Ciao,
Mario