FWIW:

-1

why introducing yet another level of "incubation" process ?
I find it (very) problematic trying to be in some sort of
"competition" w/ the Apache Incubator...
(even if the discussed targets here are JSF specific)

Why not simply "moving" future (MyFaces) GSoC directly to the Apache
Labs project  ([1])?!
For there, just start coding and releasing (alphas etc). The new
release process is straightforward
and not heavyweight - so (alpha) releases are cheap.

-M

[1] http://labs.apache.org/

--
Matthias Wessendorf