Why incubator for Gsoc projects?
IMO that's wrong.

Move stuff like that to Labs: build code and get releases out (release
often, release early)
Once there is interest - by some "community" decide where to go:

There some options, like:
a) Going to the incubator - start to build a community around it ( the
new experimental code base)
b) if it makes sense, integrate it with existing MyFaces code (e.g.
partial state savings improvements etc)
 (or make it Apache MyFaces subproject)

-M

--