On 10.02.23 03:30, Jaroslav Tulach wrote:
Dne úterý 10. ledna 2023 15:16:35 CET, Michael Bien napsal(a):
Hello devs,

I hope everyone recovered from the last JDK 8 thread and is ready for
the first JDK 8 thread of 2023 :)
Nobody recovers from these threads with you guys without wounds.

-1 (I mean veto) on dropping JDK 8 support.

this thread is no voting thread, see below.

The commit validation job is currently testing on 8, 11, 17 and 20-ea.
Good.

This means we need either 1) a volunteer who would like to spend time
and fix JDK 8 tests,
OK, tell me what to do.

as recap:

this thread was started to notify that a JDK 8 issue was blocking a fairly big Jakarta EE PR (#4692) which made only sense under JDK 11 anyway. This was detected months ago and fixed less than a month ago by Neil - right before the NB 17 deadline as you can see in the discussion. That is why it had to be resolved quickly otherwise we would have another release with almost no Jakarta EE support.

Help is always appreciated but it is late in this particular case,

we have some umbrella issues here for example where contributions are welcome:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/4904

see also 'priority:high' label for more,

best regards,

michael

-jt