Speaking for myself personally:

I'd like to step in the discussion, as I see the rapid movement between JDK versions that is even increasing with increased frequency of JDK releases (with only limited features that make a real difference for NB development) as dangerous - but I still lag behind as I am trying to read the whole thread.

In my current state of mind / evaluation of the issue I'd give -0.5 to JDK8 drop and -infinity to JDK11 drop next year. I'll try to catch up with the conversation during till next week - the stated position needs more elaborate explanation, but I don't want to repeat others (too much). Thanks.

-Svata