Darrell,

I had to comment on this...

> When we develop a better samba and bring samba up to the current 2.2.2
> release,

You are very right that when we all develop a better Samba implementation,
it will be better for all of us, but...

> the ServiceLink software benefits.

... it actually has very little to do directly with ServiceLink.

A better Samba implementation will directly help improve the free
and open source SME Server V5 software that all of us are using, regardless
of whether or not we are using ServiceLink.

And that is why Gordon and Charlie have been participating as much as
they have in the discussions about Samba that I have seen here on this list.

Yes, it may indirectly help ServiceLink in that it may offer added
functionality that may encourage people to become ServiceLink subscribers,
but the principle benefit will be to all of us using the base server product.

My 2 cents (Canadian),
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training, Network Server Solutions Group
Mitel Networks Corporation                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]