>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
>[contribs]
>No one has commented on contribs they'd like to see in the iso yet.  If I
>do not here feedback from others, I'll just add my picks to the iso.
>Devinfo feedback is however much more preferred.

I'll we happy to help, I can setup test servers, and probably help out with
some perl coding. One thing that I'll like to see is a some way to have
centralize accounts, probably using LDAP (I don't know anything about LDAP,
but can help test something if anyone comes up with something), I know there's
an NIS howto for e-smith, but I'll prefer something else. Another thing would
be an easy way to add many users at once, I've saw Darrell's howto
http://myezserver.com/docs/mitel/addusers-howto.html and wrote my first
e-smith cgi script(this was my first script for e-smith, the perl code it's
kind of ugly)
http://www.geocities.com/lapsch/rpms/multiuseraccounts-11062001-1.noarch.rpm

This would be bery usefull, specially for sites that need to add many users
quickly and easy from data in other programs. I wrote this program for the
High School I work for, all student information is downloaded from the
attendance computers, a perl script splits it into a new file wich can be use
with my cgi script and create users from it. Some one was helping me out
testing it out in Europe (sorry I can't remember his name), I have only test
it on esmith 4.1.2 and work with no problems. It added about 500 students in
about 2 hours(much faster then sitting down and adding users by hand).

If anyone comes out with a solution/idea for centralize accounts and
adding/deleting/disabling... many users at once. I can help test it out, It
really will be helpfull.

Placido Sanchez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]