> Did Ted make any comments about the problems with ext3 plus RAID under
the
> 2.2.x kernel? I've found references to problems, but no discussion of
> whether they are fixable or not.

Charlie,

I read an article and mail list post on this very issue yesterday.  It
sounded favorable.  I'll see if I can dig it up and fire you a copy.

Along with the mail list post, was an RPM to update the Redhat Linux
kernel 2.2.19 to include ext3.
ftp://ftp.clusterfilesystem.com/pub/kernels/

I've been meaning to try to install this on a SME 5.1.2 box, but just
haven't had the time.

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.