Gary
I feel you are right on !
The problem is very much people are just lazy
and want everything on a silver platter.

Many feel it's a "right" not a "privilege "

I can see by your call that you have been here for a while.
I can still remember question number 5 on my test.
"what happens to the plate (fig 5) if the screen resistor opens?"

On my cold snowy day of testing before the FCC
I had to drive from ST. Louis to KC to take the test.
And get there before 8AM. Getting up well before sunrise
and getting home well after dark.

But did walk out with the ham and the first class
radio telephone in hand. The hard part was driving
back home to St. Louis with a fried brain.

If I had to do it all over again. I would do it today not back
in the 1970.

What's next? Curb service?