  From: Rik van Riel
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Cc: Gary
  Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Techs on HF digital

  On 12/15/2009 12:55 PM, Gary wrote:
  > I thought I'd run something up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes:

  > I would imagine, the license limitations would have to state something like
a maximum of 300 baud and 500 Hz bandwidth with a 200 watt power limit. There
may be other limitations that might be nice to toss into the mix but this is a
starting point for discussion.

  IIRC the Tech license pool does not include all the questions about
  RF safety, nor about use of the ALC, etc...

  I believe the power limit and frequencies HF use by Tech licensed
  amateurs should be low. Maybe 10-20W power limit, in a few limited
  frequency ranges (staying away from the most crowded bands).

  I could see adding 30m digital privileges to Tech, maybe 80m too,
  but 20, 40 and 15m already have too many people who don't know
  their what their ALC readout means :)

  --
  All rights reversed.