On 12/15/2009 12:55 PM, Gary wrote:
> I thought I'd run something up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes:

> I would imagine, the license limitations would have to state something like a
> maximum of 300 baud and 500 Hz bandwidth with a 200 watt power limit.  There
> may be other limitations that might be nice to toss into the mix but this is
> a starting point for discussion.

IIRC the Tech license pool does not include all the questions about
RF safety, nor about use of the ALC, etc...

I believe the power limit and frequencies HF use by Tech licensed
amateurs should be low.  Maybe 10-20W power limit, in a few limited
frequency ranges (staying away from the most crowded bands).

I could see adding 30m digital privileges to Tech, maybe 80m too,
but 20, 40 and 15m already have too many people who don't know
their what their ALC readout means :)

--
All rights reversed.