In Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I'm afraid that the Japanese project (and other native-lang projects
> as well) will continue translating their own bug reports in english...
> The problem here is that the community, that means, you, I, others,
> can't do much about that.

It seems, currenlty not so many Japanese specific issues are raised,
just talking/complaining only at MLs. Even they don't seem to know how to
report. This is expected: Bazaar model can gather a developer who
works in a very short period of time and OOo is too big. Filling out
IssueTracker appropreately is still a problem for me :)

apparently we are suffering from bottle neck.

Development speed, method doesn't scale linearly; it does mean
if # of participants doubled, speed doesn't double, this is a big
problem for OOo. As a small example, CVS doesn't scale.
http://ooo.ximian.com/ooo-build.html

>Sun Microsystems pays Collabnet, editor and maintainer of SourceCast
>for the OpenOffice.org web site, mailing lists, IssueZilla, etc...
>And if Collabnet doesn't decide to localize issuezilla, we can't do
>much more than wait... :-(

I talked with person from 10-art ni about Japanese handling issues, etc,
at OSC2005. Newer version of SourceCast can handle Japanese better.
He was very interested in what is the problem for Japanese people. I was
told a very good news from Collab.net but
I'm not sure I can write in public.

All the best,
-- NAKATA, Maho ([EMAIL PROTECTED])