On Jun 22, 2008, at 8:03 AM, Adam Connor wrote:

What do you see included in in the Undergrad, Year 2 - Information
Design and Visualization course?

Visualizing data sets. Grid systems. Color theory. Illustrations, graphs, and charts.

The reason I ask is that in looking through your list I was looking
for something introductory on design patterns/principals (something
along the lines of the "Universal Principals of Design" book).

One would hope that the universal principles would be taught in the studio courses as a matter of learning by doing. ("Why isn't this working? Because you've violated X principle. Let's discuss." etc.)

Dan.