I hate the word designer, because when people use it, they think web
designer i.e. colors, icons, shapes, and not necessarily interactions
or social engineering. I think interior designer, website designer,
graphic designer, which quite honestly, I think we sit above that.

I like Experience Architect is it is about the experience: whether it
be a voice system, or a keypad, or a subway car, what's your
"experience" then? Like Ambrose pointed out, many of us do work
outside of software that still achieves the goal (writing CRM
scripts, coaching users, etc.). It's overarching enough to satisfy
multiple constituencies.

I think there is a sub divide of titles every once in a while that is
a means to an ends for something other than helping the user.