results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48780
Question: Which user category do you belong to most ?

- The geek
- The audiophile
- The structured music lover
- Massmarket Joe
- Other (None of the above fits me, see wiki page before choosing
  this)

Philip Meyer;311089 Wrote:
> I fail to see how this will help development decisions, because clearly
> there will be users of all types; the product has to meet the
> requirements of all of them.  If any Actor comes out at 90%, it should
> be Massmarket Joe, except Massmarket Joe won't be on the forum voting
> in this thread.
>
> The voting is flawed, and largely irrelevant.

Don't worry, I'm sure we are all aware that the poll result can't be
trusted, since all user categories aren't represented to the same level
in the forum. The idea was really to pick-up some discussion to see if
there are people that feel that they doesn't fit in any of these
categories.

Philip Meyer;311089 Wrote:

> Voting should be on what functions or general characteristics users
> want, as the same functions may be wanted across types of users.  What
> do users consider most important out of: reliability, performance,
> better/different ways of browsing libraries, etc.

IMHO it is important to understand which users you have, because that
gives you a better understanding what to focus on.

The problem with a poll about functions and characteristics will be
flawed in the same was as this poll. The reason is that some user
categories will not even bother to answer the poll, so the poll result
will be weighted towards the votes from geeks (which currently seems to
lead this poll) even though we might want to target other user
categories.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))