Well, I disagree that Logitech should now need to know SC's user base.  It
surely knows this already - it's for the categories of user that it designed
each product to be targetted for.  Transporters for Audiophiles, SB3 for
everyone else.

>So IMHO, knowing which user category you are targeting with a specific
>feature is very important even thought the product itself needs to work
>for multiple user categories.
And I think that the users are not easy to categorise into 4 classes.  Many
will be a bit of all to some level, and features will overlap many classes.  A
survey to people that browse the forum (and geeks that read mail!) is not going
to answer any questions.  SC needs to cater for all.

What is good to know is what features/enhancement/bug fixes users want most.
That is meant to be known by raising and voting upon bugs in bugzilla.