On Wed, May 11, 2005 17:18:51 PM +0100, Sophie Gautier
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> M. Fioretti wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Sorry for not getting back on this earlier. Thanks for the detailed
> > explanation, but I still have some doubts:
> >
> > 1) Are these UNO packages useable/recommended also for single macros,
> >    templates, clip-art? That is, not core, serious stuff, made by
> >    professionals?
>
> You'll find some of those packages here :
> http://fr.openoffice.org/Documentation/Outils/index.html

Sorry, I wasn't exactly asking for add-ons directories.

> Agnes and OOoAuthors (thanks to them :) will tranlstate this
> document that explain how-to create add-ons easily.
> http://fr.openoffice.org/Documentation/Outils/Addons1_1fr.sxw

Does it explain how to create stuff that doesn't create problems to
Linux distributors (in the sense explained at the beginning of this
thread)? That is, how to provide stuff that can be directly used by
others to create native Linux packages in whatever format?

> 2.0 mechanism allow you to add add-on very simply to your
> installation, and the most important, without restarting OOo, under
> tools/package manager.

Er, yes, here is the problem again. This is exactly what I mentioned
as a pain for Linux distributors when I started this thread. More
exactly, the pain is if add-ons are _only_ distributed as OO.o native
packages: and if Linux users are not recommended to prefer, whenever
available, the native packages for their distribution.

Thanks,
        Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

The whole world is a tuxedo and you are a pair of brown shoes.
                -- George Gobel