> From: "FileMatrix" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:29:07 +0300
> To: "e-gold Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [e-gold-list] Re: "Free" storage (was Re: gold ETF and GDC)
>

> I think E-gold doesn't want to eliminate the storage fee for a very simple
> reason: it forces people to spend! People are more likely to spend their
> gold if they know there is a storage fee that would be paid if the gold
> would just sit there.

People using e-gold is a good thing, although what you are saying reminds me
of the Keynsian approach of stamping expiration dates on money to increase
its velocity.

Of course a 1% storage fee is one thing, but what about the 3% inflation
rate of the US dollar? That's sure to get the money out from under the
mattress and spent, or at least into the hands of the banks or into
government bonds (which the banks buy with your money anyway).

- John
---
http://cambist.net