Mark,
I like a lot of what you said in your post, but I disagree on two points:

1) XML may indeed facilitate communication between trading partners.  This
will require XSL transformation of messages.  Although the W3C standards
are settling down,  we need solid implementations for this to become a
reality.

2) It is already possible to send secure EDI transactions over the net;
we've been doing it for three years.  It will probably become a lot cheaper
to do so in the near future, as vendors roll out products that conform to
IETF's EDIINT AS2 specification.

Andy

Mark Kusiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU> on 10/24/2000 11:45:35
AM

Please respond to Mark Kusiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  Electronic Data Interchange Issues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>