Rachel,

Of course you are correct - driving continues to be far more risky than
flying.

What seems to be lost in this discussion is that far more people died
innocently sitting in their offices working than those who were in the
ill-fated airplanes.

Yesterday was truly a sad day for the world.  I am most appreciative of the
eloquent thoughts expressed by others on the EDI list.  I spent yesterday
calling friends and family just to chat, and I hope we can all make that a
very regular habit going forward.

Mike Mathews