Good Evening,

   It was a good week.  I felt like the snail on the side of a well though.  Some successes, some failures but I am still on the side of the well.  I wonder what the snail feels like when he reaches the top and starts down the outside?  There was some sun shining into my well.  Above freezing with little rain.  However, sometime tonight the snow starts falling.  By Wednesday there should be more than enough to cause problems.

  The sun is more active than last week.  Three small sunspot groups now with more over the limb.  A stream of solar wind is due on the 25th.  For now the bands should be quiet with medium levels of QSB.  Neither of my antennas was hit by flying limbs.  There are fewer weak limbs remaining after the thinning.  I hiked the property a few days ago and found the smaller diameter slash is mulching nicely.  The alders are self thinning which provides good sleeping areas for the elk and deer.  The grouse are in a down cycle, I did not flush any of them.

Please join us tomorrow on:

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday  (2 PM PST Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday  (4 PM PST Sunday)

73,

   Kevin. KD5ONS

-

Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense.