Good Evening,

   The rain has been falling less often.  Today there was sun for much of the day.  I followed the eastern edge of my property from corner pole to corner pole.  This was next to impossible before they thinned the forest.  Bright green moss dominated the scene. It is too early for the ferns and alder leaves.  Very few insects.  That will change.  However, more snow is due tomorrow. Luckily the daffodils aren't blooming yet.  They often get covered by the last big snow of the season.

   The sun has a few spots but there is more activity coming. During the equinox ions slip through cracks in our magnetosphere. For a few weeks aurora are stimulated with fewer ions.  I am unsure how this relates to propagation.  But the longer daylight period enhances the ionosphere.  I don't expect too much noise but I don't expect strong signals either.  We shall see.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

The flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow dies;
All that we wish to stay
Tempts and then flies.
What is this world’s delight?
Lightning that mocks the night,
Brief even as bright.

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."