Good Evening,

   The twenty meter net may or may not meet tomorrow.  That depends on whether there will be room amoungst  the WPX folks. The second net won't be a problem: it will begin the moment after the contest closes.  Conditions are not auspicious.  However, that has not stopped us yet.  The sun was active earlier in the weak but less so today.  By the way: next Sunday, June 6, the Elecraft CW Net will be 19 years old.

   Sometime in 1957 my brother put headphones on my head so I could hear his new shortwave receiver.  He found he could keep me out of his hair for hours after he showed me how to use the tuning knob and the gain controls.  I was hooked on all the odd noises I could find.  Listening became a habit I maintained until I graduated from high school.  The bands are still filled with odd noises.  Many new ones as our neighborhoods fill with electronic gadgets.  But there are still the old standards.  Whistling noises which move through the passband.  Snaps of distant lightning. Hearing my own callsign echoed a little out of sync.  Fewer AM heterodynes, but far more SSB signals.  Then there is phantom CW found in static the day after a contest.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)    Maybe way off if I can find room.
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

May my silences become more accurate. - Theodore Roethke