Good Evening,

   The new fire station near Manning had a sign which read, "Warning, sunshine ahead."  After a long, gray winter the sunbreaks have become continuous.  Yesterday the daffodils started to open around 10 AM.  By noon they were fully open.  This is after five weeks of growth.  The hummingbirds are feeding heavily.  With temperatures in the low 80s we are all feeling dehydrated.  They live in constant hunger, it makes them a little grumpy.

   The auroral oval is more pronounced than last week though the sunspot count is low.  News is the cycle will peak ahead of schedule.  Maybe we will get a double peak once again.  I have spent the week watching the live feed from the volcano in Iceland.  That caused me to look up Dante's poem.  He never once mentions lava but does relate all manner of boiling substances. Curiously the ninth circle of Hell is made of ice.

   California quail worked through the front yard.  The varied thrushes and robins had fluffed the detritus layer so the quail had better pickings.  The Oregon juncos are attacking the mirrors on my truck while the pileated woodpeckers chortle through the woods looking for prey.  A few grouse are calling with their low toned whumping.  Currently a saw whet owl is filing away.  With all this aural input it is unnecessary to turn to electronics.  I have not turned on the BCB gear in a month.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

A few interesting links.  Krita tutorials, navigate a eukaryotic cell, live feed lava, how to separate sensation from memory, and the next stage of the chip shortage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zefmloD3KjU

https://digizyme.com/cst_landscapes.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqXr4-U0JEs

https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-brain-rotates-memories-to-save-them-from-new-sensations-20210415/

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/semi-fulfilling-prophecy-ongoing-chip-shortage-now-impacting-chipmaking-equipment

    ptr = (struct node *) malloc(sizeof(struct node));

    ptr->next = home;
    ptr->prev = home->prev;

    home->prev->next = ptr;
    home->prev = ptr;