On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 18:43 -0700, Dave Engvall wrote:
> <snip is all and start over>
>
> Am back from the beach and have tried things again.
>
> Finally found a fundamental mistake. 1525BR amps expect a
> differential input; so battery boxes give the expected result.
> However, the dacs are ground referenced. After I finally caught on I
> wired the 1525 inputs with gnd to gnd and + dac to -amp input.
> Now things move.
>
> The only problem is that both axes move in the wrong direction. So:
> how do I cleanly reverse the movement without having to
> fool with the encoders?
>
> BTW-the X axis that has absolutely awful response like 200 ms to  max
> velocity tuned to about 0.001 at 60 ips and 0.00004" at 10 ipm.
> We'll see what we can get out of the Y axis. ;-)
>
> So the m5i20 does  really run right out of the box. The same cannot
> be said of my aging brain.
>
> Dave

I'm glad your making progress. It has been a while since I have had to
think about this, but I believe you can change the direction of an axis
by changing the .ini file OUTPUT_SCALE = 1 for the axis, to OUTPUT_SCALE
= -1. If you have encoders, the .hal encoder settings may need to be
adjusted too. Also I would have connected your amp inputs DAC signal
ground to - input and DAC signal to + input, but I haven't studied your
particular setup.