Kent A. Reed wrote:
> I'm glad you mentioned the memory requirement, Jon.
>
> Just because I've been looking at the EMC2 documentation lately, I've
> begun to wonder about some of the statements made about minimum
> requirements for CPU speed and RAM size. Some look suspiciously old.
> Have we tested these claims lately? I was thinking about using virtual
> machines to try installing and running EMC2 (in simulator mode, of
> course) with different memory sizes, but realistically I can no longer
> test at slow CPU speeds like the 400MHz  PII/PIII claimed on the Wiki or
> the 700 MHz x86 claimed in the Getting Started doc.

Yes, I'm sure the minimum specs are out of date.  I know 10.04 will load
and run fine on
a D525MW with 512 MB of memory, I'm not absolutely sure on the 256 anymore.
(I know 8.04 will install in 256.)  I still have a system with only 128
MB of memory,
but that is probably running 6.06

I think about 1 GHz is needed for the CPU, especially if you are running
Axis.  You can
probably run with a slower CPU if you use TkEMC or Touchy.

Jon