Scott-
Those are really excellent write-ups! I agree with you about the newbie first
impressions. I very nearly went with Mach when I built my first machine 2 years
ago. It wasn't until I visited Jon Elson that I saw first hand what a capable
piece of software LinuxCNC really is that I made my decision. What I observed
was that the documentation manuals were very good if a bit challenging for a
newbie in places. The wiki entries are uneven (to be expected, I suppose) and
could often use some clarification. For me, at least, thorough case sudies like
Scott's can be very useful.

I'm at the point now that I can probably help out in improving the wiki for new
users and intend to do so soon. Any suggestions
on how to proceed would be welcome.

Greg