Interestingly, this sort of sensor would have been helpful on my latest
problem with the lathe spindle Z pulse encoder I wanted to run on a pulley
at 3x the spindle rate, presuming there was software support for it.  In my
case the pulse length accounting would have had to have been in the 7i33
firmware though.  Being able to count a backwards pulse as backwards would
have allowed me to accurately ignore every third pulse in software,
regardless of rock back or other spindle changes in direction.

Scott