On 23 November 2012 04:04, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

>> To buy the crank code-wheel new is not that cheap ($100) but there
>> ought to be many in the junkyards now. The correct pickups are less
>> likely to exist, but those are $17.
>
> Since the requirement is that its ferrous, I seen no reason that can't be a
> milling machine project.

The target wheels we have on our engines are _not_ ferrous. They are a
magnetic track and the crank sensor has no internal magnet.
(I can't find that actual sensor on the Allegro site).

Having said that, ebay has many "trigger wheel"s at quite low prices
which could work, though most seem to be quite low-resolution.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261124381577

You can see the one I have in my drawer at the bottom of this picture here:
http://images.sklepy24.pl/87078282/3668/large/kolo-pasowe-walu-korbowego-1-8-tdci-dayco.jpg
You can just about make out the magnetic track. (There are two parts
there, 6B319A and 6B319B)

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.