On Sun, 30 Mar 2014, Andy Pugh wrote:

> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 13:39:08 +0100
> From: Andy Pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Improvised DC Motor Controll using Mesa 7i39?
>

>> On 30 Mar 2014, at 13:04, Florian Rist <fr...@fs.tum.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, could you explain this a little?
>>
>> I guess I have to set-up a pwm generator and pins and signals and nets...
>
> The 7i39 does the hard work.
>
> You just need to drive the 3-phase PWM pins in the right way. Basically set
> up the DC motor exactly the same as the other motors, but don't use the bldc
> component. You need a scale component to create a negative copy of the PID
> output. Then drive two of the 7i39 phases with the positive and negative
> PID.
>
> Probably. I don't have a system to check with here.

That should work, There is also a trick that will allow you to drive 2 DC
motors with one 7I39 channel (4 per 7I39) but at 1/2 Vmotor max. To do this
you set one PWM channel to 0 (which  is 50% PWM  or 1/2 VMotor)

so in a 24 V setup:

you set "V" for 0 = 12V and use it for the DC motor common
then U and W can be set to 0 to 24V
so relative to "V" you have +-12V motor drive for 2 small DC motors...

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)