Hi Andy

> It's mainly just copy and paste of the configuration you have already
> written for the other motors. Just a bit _simpler_.

Hmm, I didn't write the configuration for the other motors, I copy
pasted it. I think from a plasma cutter example that you provided.

>> Would leaving the encoder feedback and the PID away simplify things.
>
> Not really, if you are copying and pasteing.

OK, I'll try with encoder.

I don't need an other BLDC component, right so 'loadrt bldc
cfg=qh,qh,qh' is untouched.

I need an other PID so 'loadrt pid num_chan=3' changes to 'loadrt pid
num_chan=4'

I need scale, so:

  loadrt scale count=1
  addf scale.0 servo-thread
  setp scale.0.gain -1.0

I do need one more PWM generator and an extra encoder input, so I modify
my ini:
    CONFIG="firmware=hm2/5i23/SVTP6_7I39.BIT num_encoders=3
num_pwmgens=0 num_3pwmgens=3 num_stepgens=0"

to:
    CONFIG="firmware=hm2/5i23/SVTP6_7I39.BIT num_encoders=4
num_pwmgens=0 num_3pwmgens=4 num_stepgens=0

Now I need connect everything: I take one of my bldc axis, keep most of
it but drop the BLDC part, the PIT part is the same except that the
output is connected to the PWM generator and the inverted output is
connected to the other PWM generator, both PWM outputs connect to tow
hardware pins. I don't know which jet.

Hmm I think I do not jet understand the 'connect everything' part.

Any comments welcome. :-) And I'll keep reading the hal manual.

See you
Flo