Yeah no actually they are indeed brushed DC servos with encoders. I might
actually keep them but I am missing the Z motor so might as well get both
new. The machine I bought gutted of the original control and motor.  I did
use the 5i25/7i77 combo on my Cincinatti Arrow 500 VMC retrofit. Excellent
stuff. I will use the 5i25/7i77 combo I have as well for the new lathe. My
machine came with a 7.5 HP motor apparently but it was an option base motor
was 5hp. I am not sure which size motor I will get but it will probably
depend on what kind of deal I can get on it.  Gonna run a Hitachi WJ200 VFD
like I did on the Cincinatti most likely.  Cannot wait to see this monster
make some swarf.  Right now I am stripping and repainting a good bit of the
sheetmetal as some jackhole mopped some cheap paint on it with a brush. Aah
well if it was beautiful I probably would have paid a bunch more for it I
guess LOL  Good luck with your build. Peace

Pete