No actually that was a typo.  It is a brushless motor with resolver.  I
thought it was DC servo but apparently I was mistaken according to
Pete...the other Pete.....the one who knows what the hell he is talking
about hehe

Pete

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:45 PM, <p...@wpnet.us> wrote:

> I think the term brushless was inadvertently use initially. I can't debate
> the merits of resolvers vs. encoders, but is anyone building new machines
> using resolvers these days? In my mind at least if it has resolvers it's
> older and unlikely to have brushless motors.

Pete Matos
A and N Precision and Fabrication
Maryville, Tennessee
865-236-8996