On Wednesday 19 August 2020 19:17:08 Gene Heskett wrote:

Well, I'm back, hat in hand.

The white pla is not the same stuff as the black, by a hell of a long row
of apple trees.  Where the black is a brittle as can be cold, the white
is much more forgiving, AND it sticks to the glass about 1000 times
better, I just interrupted the job because I moved the glass trying to
get the priming strip off, and it was stuck tight enough my pulling it
moved the glass despite clothes pins front and rear, and it took cold
running water and three trips to the edge burnisher with the putty knife
and half an hour to get the last of the first .4mm back off the glass.
So obviously I can drop the bed temp about 10C from my usual startup.
And set the nozzle temp down a ways too.

Right now the glass is clean clean, barkeeper's friend clean and well
rinsed.  What would you guys do to reduce adhesion to manageable levels?

An extra obvious layer of this purple stick school glue?  Or ???

So far with that stuff, more is less and vice-versa.  Bare glass I get
the impression would be a forever stuck disaster.

Thanks.

 - Louis D. Brandeis