You remind my of something I always do and it would help with you
adhesion problem and allows parts to be removed with less effort.   I
always place a fillet around the edge of the part.     So whatever
surface is touching the build plate should have a fillet, even if it is
only 0.5mm radius it helps to allow a putty knife to get under the part.
  You have to add this using the CAD software.   Ues, Cura can shrink the
size of the first layer but it is not the same as a fillet and you may have
to do both to get a nice round edge.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:23 PM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 20 August 2020 20:37:45 Gregg Eshelman via Emc-users wrote:
>
> > Blue painter's tape on the glass, edges butted together. Wipe down
> > gently with rubbing alcohol to remove the wax that makes it possible
> > to unroll the tape.
>
> I'll have to locate a fresh supply of that stuff, whatever I may have
> squirreled away is years old.
>
> The micro-swiss hot end came in today and got installed, and following
> their directions I'm back to makeing plastic starved prints.  Still
> calibrating it IOW.  It also puts the home 0,0 point clear off the glass
> and I'm still trying to figure out how to move that.  The prime the
> extruder run down the left edge is missing the glass about 2mm's.
>
> Another problem has stuck its hand up and waved at me.  Using the white
> stuff, I'm getting elephants foot on the bottoms.  I think there a comp
> for that in cura, but I've not re-found it yet.
>
> Thanks Greg.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California