On Nov 13, 2007 3:02 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>         The 'problem' here is actually deeper than some of what you
> mention Hisham.
>
>         Imagine for a moment that you try to build something like an
> automobile, or an aircraft, or a tv set,... in the same manner that
> E 'works'.
>         Well, maybe you can - and I guess e-the-wm plus some 'core'
> libs, are something like that.. But at least everyone knew that's
> what was being built (more or less, that wasn't all that clear at
> times).
>
>         Now, you want to 'build' something more? Like what?
>
>         Gee, I don't know.. maybe this here, maybe that there...
> Well, just go do it.. get it done, if you want.
>         Hey look there, someone did something like a fm, or a media
> player, or a blimey lib, or a gizmabob,... Hey, do "we" need this..
> how about "let's" do that... Nah, I think "the" website should say..
>
>         Ummmm, I wonder. If one of those 'things' is something like
> a "development platform", how well that approach is going to work
> within the context of "E" as the 'parent' project.

Jose, I understand that doing all of this for "E", Enlightenment, the
WM (or "Desktop Shell") is not enough to ensure that things are
designed and developed in order to create a development platform. The
point I raised still stands though. You've mentioned what "issues" you
have with the way things are being done, but how do you propose we
work to change the current state of things?

If you feel so strongly about this, why don't you propose, and work
towards, what you have in mind? Both you and I know that a lot of the
people involved in several email and irc discussions (both on the
mailing list / #edevelop and off) share your same opinions. So, whats
next?

--
Hisham Mardam Bey
http://hisham.cc/