Simon wrote:

> > I hope that everyone can be just as excited. I know I am.
> > I smell a new age of... Enlightenment.  :) :)
>
> I'm really excited about this too! Especially about the new
> communication plan! I actually even think we should do more on
> the communication point. It would be great to establish a roadmap
> for example, with a list of items to get done in priority, for the
> different release-candidates, with eventually some mock-ups. It
> would also be good to have a place where designers or users could
> share easily some UI ideas. And not only for Enlightenment itself,
> but for all the libs/apps around E.
> A good thing to do too would be to *really* define the scope of
> the project. Are we just doing a WM, or are we aiming at something
> bigger?
> If this is something bigger, what should be the caracteristics of
> an E-app? Should it just use EFL? Should it be sexy? These questions
> would have to be answered if we want to get somewhere imo.

        Ok, so what is it that you want raster to tell you here?
He's already made it clear that his main interest is in the wm and
the core efl libs, and that's likely all he really has time for -
besides everything else.

        But again, since he's the "project" leader, things like this
keep being thrown at him. Do you really want him to be responsible
for the direction of etk too? Or maybe just bless it as the 'official'
raster-sanctioned gui toolkit?
        What happens when something like etk or ewl, or some other
large 'thing' whose scope in many ways overlaps or even overwhelms
the scope of something like the wm, is also part of the "E" project?
If raster says "...we need to...", or "... I'd like to see...", or
something similar, then is he speaking for all "e", all projects,
or just for e-the-wm, or what? Or if he doesn't say anything about
'myProject' then is it irrelevant to "E"?

        You're the "project" leader of etk Simon. What do you want
to do? How about a framework like javaFX, or Mozilla's xul, or MS's
xaml? Would that be something you'd like to see? What are your
thoughts on the future of graphical UIs? Do you have a 'roadmap'
for etk+whatever?

   jose.