On 3 June 2015 at 07:05, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> As far as controlling things here is a short paul davies speculation on
> the universe, reality, mind.
>
> http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2015/06/todays-galaxy-insight-an-et-technology-beyond-matter.html

I'm reliably informed that we can't do anything without matter, so that is
clearly nonsense.

>   Here is another guy's but be careful, he might be a shia!
> http://www.int.washington.edu/users/mjs5/Simulation/Universe/
>
> Interesting summary. Did they mention the breakdown of Lorentz invariance?
I guess the cosmoc ray business would cover that. I would say that there
isnt' a huge difference between a numerically simulated universe and Max
Tegmark's mathematical universe hypothesis (except in the simulation we
assume an underlying computer made of ... well, something that isn't just
software. But suppose the nesting goes on forever - turtles all the way
down, as the writer of LOGO might have put it?)