On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 4:27 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

​
>> ​>>​
>> when describing the latest variation on the thought experiment ​why not
>> simply do away with personal pronouns like "I" and use the referent
>> instead?
>

> ​> ​
> Because the referent are ambiguous.

​Exactly, so a personal pronoun without a clear referent is used instead to
sweep this ambiguity under the rug and hope nobody notices.   ​

> ​> ​
> The one who tell me in Helsinki that he is sure that he will
> ​ [blah blah]​

​AHHH! That is a perfect example right there of ambiguity in action.
Bruno Marchal
​ is unable to write more than a few dozen words about the philosophy of
personal identity without slipping in one of those damn personal pronouns
and assuming the very thing the "proof" is supposed to establish. If John
Clark is wrong about that then prove that John Clark is wrong by simply
stop using personal pronouns.

​> ​
> The "1-I" is never ambiguous

It's like a burp, it's never anything. ​If a gun was placed at John Clark's
head John Clark could not coherently explain what the hell the "1-I" is,
and neither could Bruno Marchal. ​

> ​> ​
> we have agreed that both are the Helsinki person

​Yes.​

> ​> ​
> If not, you are claiming implicitly that you die at step 3.

​GODDAMN PERSONAL PRONOUNS!  The above is not wrong, the above is pure
unadulterated gibberish. ​

> ​> ​
> So you agree now that the FPI problem is the same in MW and comp,

​John Clark neither agrees nor disagrees with "FPI" or "comp". John Clark
doesn't agree or disagree with a burp either.

 John K Clark​