On Thu, 08 Jun 2000, Eric Aksomitis wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > What is a "good FTP client"? Does it have to be a WIMP-type program? I find
> > ncftp to be pretty damn nice. But it doesn't use the mouse or have a fancy
> > graphical layout.
> >
> > Doesn't gmc do FTP?
>
> Well, what I really look for is something with Tree-based file-system view (long
>filanes get to be a pain on text-based FTP), and a QUE functionality, wherby I can
>add a ton of files from anywhere to a QUE, then transfer them.  For small stuff I
>still and probably always will just use the text-based ftp program.  However, the
>industry (their are people out there who are GUI only that might want to use a little
>linux) still doesn't have a perfect GUI ftp client yet, although GFTP is 70% there,
>if not 90% there, all it really needs is a QUE functionality like Cute-FTP, and maybe
>a MP3 file search like Cute-FTP, and that would be 100% what the industry
>
> .02 Given
>
> Eric Aksomitis
> http://www.dlcwest.com/~jed/re_answer.shtml

Well I want a good file-manager intergraded with samba somthing like Corel
Linux file manager for KDE but it must have a ftp link on the tree view where
you can and ftp sites, and logins.

It alredy has NFS, windows network and local file system.

This is the only reason I use Corel for desktops and Mandrake for Servers.